Verizon Customer Care Representative in Atlanta, Georgia
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll work at the heart of our customer service operations providing world class customer service. Your role is vital in ensuring service level goals are achieved. Balancing the volume of calls coming into the Business Service Center and managing resources and service level pressures will help to ensure an exceptional customer experience. You’ll also manage and respond to customer issues, helping them to manage their accounts and deal with hardware and software applications. This role is critical in supporting us to drive customer satisfaction and retention.
Monitoring service levels, resources, and business customer accounts.
Managing a high volume of inbound customer calls and providing superior customer service.
Troubleshooting non-technical customer issues, verifying installations, and assisting with web applications and reports.
Collaborating with others and recommending solutions to recurring problems.
Continuously learning about our products and services.
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
The ECE Specialist will be responsible for conflict resolution/escalated calls as well as the usual day-to-day customer service for all internal and external customers. The Specialist must use outstanding customer care and negotiating skills to conduct the departments’ day-to-day responsibilities as specified in the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Specialist is ultimately responsible for end user customer care assistance and timely response to escalated issues. The Specialist in conjunction with the Sr. Manager is responsible for the department’s performance and assures that the team functions in accordance to the defined processes and procedures.
We are seeking a tteam-oriented problem solver who can build strong relationships and thrives in ambiguity. You work well in high pressure situations, and quickly implement solutions, engaging other departments and subject matter experts as needed. You communicate clearly to various stakeholders, and provide key updates and findings as high priority investigations unfold.
What we’re looking for...
Your focus is on providing exceptional customer service and you take pride in your ability to listen attentively to problems and provide solutions. You enjoy working with a diverse range of people at all levels. With a steady flow of work, you prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively. You thrive in an environment that requires you to use your problem-solving skills to help customers.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
Even better if you have:
Customer service experience. Ideally, in a call center.
Used call center and transactional software applications. Ideally, VISION, ACSS, WFM, and InfoManager.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Fluency in English and Spanish.
• Quickly resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and determining solutions for our Customers, Field Team, Management and Vendors by email, phone call and mail
• Monitor daily Service Requests to ensure that he/she is providing a proper level of support to meet established SLAs’
• Ability to drive high priority and ambiguous cases through defined process to resolution
• Respond to escalated user/stakeholder/partner inquiries with high quality, speed, and accuracy
• Remain up to date on key workflow changes, operational guidelines, policy updates and Company Quick Mails
• Following up on pending issues, both preemptively and ad-hoc
• Must be able to respond to Legal, BBB and Attorney General Inquiries
• Actively work with Sr. Manager to identify coaching opportunities for Customer Care Agents when they do not follow documented processes or procedures
• Work closely with Sr. Manager to develop and/or maintain all department processes and procedures
• Participate in various meetings to ensure that the support of the department and/or organization is represented and informed appropriately
• Adhere to Quality Assurance Outlined Metrics
• Conduct, actively participate and document team discussions/meetings
• B.A. /B.S degree required or combination of education/experience is preferred
• Call Center escalation experience required
• Must have a comprehensive understanding of the customer care and escalations role/process
• A working knowledge of systems such as IssueTrak, SharePoint, Siebel, and OBIEE is a plus
• Maintains privacy and confidentiality (intentional or unintentional) of company and employee information in verbal, written, and electronic form.
• Can remain calm and operate efficiently when dealing with high-pressure escalations, grey areas and ambiguity
• Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences effectively
• Escalates unresolved problems to Sr. Manager for resolution, only if the problem requires additional resources.
• Have the ability to encourage collaboration among outside team members to articulate and promote team work
• Be able to assume the role of your peers during their absence as it relates to Executive Care Issues
• Must be able to create and maintain process & procedural documentation
• Must have Expert/Master knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and the Internet
• Must be able to multi task, have strong organizational skills and demonstrate strong written and presentation skills
• Must be objective and have Conflict Resolution/De-escalation and Negotiation Skills
• Must have the ability to pay attention to detail, work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
• Must be able to work within many diverse groups, communicate effectively, and provide excellent customer service, (particularly over the phone and in e-mail)
• Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team
• Must be able to work a couple of hours per month on (Saturday and Sunday) from home
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.