Carters/OshKosh Human Resource Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Human Resource Manager
- Date Updated:April 16, 2018Job Level:Management
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:5 - 7 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-264168
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
HR Business Partner responsible for the selection, development and retention of internal client base of 145+ exempt and non-exempt associates. Acts as a business partner to entry level through mid-career managers on all human resources related issues. Has experience developing, coordinating and supporting the implementation of human resources programs that support the strategy, goals and objectives of the organization. Must have proven, successful experience thriving in a fast paced, large corporate environment.
- 30% - Talent Acquisition
- Manage recruitment process and lead client group in the selection and onboarding of high impact employees.
- Lead internal and external searches; partner with recruiters through all phases of the process.
- Lead and manage all efforts to recruit and place Interns and Trainees for multiple areas of the business.
- 20% - Cycle of Performance
- Drive all performance management initiatives, including goal development, annual and mid-year employee performance appraisals and review process. Manage and facilitate the review board process and meetings twice annually. To include all discussion, actions, follow-up, etc.
- Responsible for working with clients in order to build impactful succession plans.
- 20% - Talent Development
- Facilitate educational activities to include one-on-one coaching, development opportunities, and stand-up class-room facilitation.
- Develop and implement career pathing as necessary.
- Support Managers with new hire onboarding and orientation.
- Identify talent development opportunities and implement educational/coaching initiatives.
- 15% - Talent Engagement
- Manage organizational restructuring.
- Work closely with senior and line managers to advise on appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Advise management in the proper application of company policy, procedures, and employment laws.
- Manage investigations and claims to successful resolution.
- 15% - Various HR Projects/Miscellaneous Responsibilities
- Partner with Compensation on benchmarking and career pathing.
- Manage contingent workforce for areas of responsibility & become subject matter expert for Company.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Special projects as needed to support client group and/or HR team.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5-7 years HR experience
- 5 years of HR generalist/manager experience required
- Retail industry experience preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- PHR certification a plus
- Employee Relations - Must have strong problem solving experiences, managing and dealing with issues in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Performance and Talent Management - Successful experience managing, growing, evaluating and assessing talent over a sustained, consistent basis highly desired.
- Coaching and employee development - A track record developing and coaching people and teams to improvement over time with wise counsel and advice at key moments.
- Talent acquisition - Must have demonstrated experience in leading diverse talent searches at various levels.
- Must have proven critical thinking and analytical skills to identify, diagnose, and propose solutions. Must have experience turning solutions into actionable plans and successful execution.
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients, priorities, deadlines, and initiatives. Must be able to develop strong relationships and influence internal client groups.
- Must have working knowledge of state and federal laws to include EEOC, AAP, OSHA, FMLA, ADA and FLSA.
- Must have strong skills in Microsoft Office applications and HR Systems; ability to prepare written reports, analysis and presentations to senior leadership as required.
- Must operate with a high level of customer service.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong facilitation skills.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to lead, manage, and execute multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Understanding of compensation principles and HRIS practices.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today