Macy's Lead Test Automation Engineer in Johns Creek, Georgia
* Job Overview: *
This job function is responsible for applying expertise in tools and methodologies to develop the requirements, procedures and guidelines for the automation testing efforts of all technical applications and systems prior to deployment to ensure they are performing according to specifications and free of errors. This includes defining the automation test plan and strategy, testing environment, scenarios, creating/modifying scripts and data required, executing tests, and reporting on findings. Positions in this function are also responsible for organizing the resources necessary to prepare and execute tests and reporting back to the development team on issues to be addressed as required. This may include automation of testing processes, and the identification and management of testing tools and standards. Lead the automation testing efforts across multiple interrelated projects/ systems/ applications and/or for a business unit. Serve as a technical resource to other IT QA/test professionals, mentoring less-experienced staff with responsibility for their technical development.
The Lead Test Automation Engineer is responsible for the development and support of automation applications. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Manage the creation of all project level automation test plans, detailed test plan, or phase level plans such as component, system integration or user acceptance test plan; drives the testing phase, ensuring QA/test staff execute effectively and adhere to all Q4M processes and standards. • Partner with development to compare their code with the test automation code to ensure both will interact efficiently together. • Responsible and accountable for one or more of the major components of the test automation framework; including the design, development, delivery, maintenance and evolution of these components, i.e. mocking of web services, a selenium grid, a metrics dashboard, development of a standardized development environment, and development of non-functional test capabilities (such as performance and security within our Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline). • Conduct QA reviews and inspections to find potential defects and recommend corrective action, often assisting more junior staff identify defects in more challenging situations, including review of broken scripts for suites and resolve/fix them. • Define and manage plans to mitigate risk I.e. identifying vulnerabilities in automated testing. • Develop and maintain test scripts to ensure it meets requirements. • Lead test reviews (e.g. test case review), signoff on test cases and recommend process improvements to management to provide operational efficiencies. • Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality. • Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Recommend automation process improvements to management to provide operational efficiencies.
• Commit to deliverables for scope of work with customers and/or management. • Make modifications to automation jobs and schedules for jobs in non-production environment.
- Education/Experience: *
- * • B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent and 8 years of related or similar experience. • 5 years of automation scripting experience and building or maintaining an automated test framework using Java or selenium. • 3 years of web services automation experience with JSON, XML, SOAP APIs and/or REST APIs. • 3 years of coding experience with one or more of the following languages Java or equivalent; knowledge of algorithmic ideas behind the code and software development fundamentals. • 3 years of experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment and build tools (i.e. JUnit, Maven, Jenkins or equivalent) and using an industry standard source control management system. • 3 years of experience with TDD/BDD; 2 years of experience with Cucumber Feature File and Ruby Step Definition preferred. • Strong understanding and experience working with object repository, SQL queries and GUI design standards, especially as they relate to test automation object recognition. • Experience with structuring the automated testing tasks on multiple projects, estimating schedules, resources and dependencies. • Extensive experience coordinating with offshore QE teams and serve as a key contributor to the overall project team and a technical resource on automation testing.
- Communication Skills: *
- * • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Reasoning Ability: *
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: *
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves the use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse. • May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Company Profile: *
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Johns Creek
Job: QA Testing
Req ID: MAC09332