Macy's Project Manager (Infrastructure) in Johns Creek, Georgia
* Job Overview: *
At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere retailer. Macy’s Technology strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. Macy’s Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
Macy’s Technology is seeking a Project Manager. The selected PM will work independently and with minimal assistance to drive the work of the project team members for medium level projects and higher. Consistent leadership qualities surrounding conflict management, influencing others, personal accountability for project performance should be observed by project sponsor. In addition, should leverage and demonstrate accepted project management practices that support delivery of projects on time, on budget, and with high quality. Acts as a technical and professional leader, providing guidance, direction and training to their team and other project team members as necessary. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Project Execution: Manages all project related activities on a daily basis and has responsibility for execution and final delivery and release of the product. • Manage Project Scope: Develops and manages project schedules status, resources, deliverables, issues, and timelines throughout the project with input from the application managers, business partners and project team. Conducts regular project status/quality meetings and reports. Keeps management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment. Develops project metrics and facilitates project scorecard development. Obtain project plan approval from the customer in order to formalize the project management approach. • Define Requirements: Works closely with Product Manager to define and manage business partner requirements. • Manage Project Work: Ensures deadlines are met by participating in resource planning, effectively planning, organizing, prioritizing, and delegating assignments to project team members and following up on their individual progress.
• Communication Facilitation: Facilitates communication and negotiation within and across the project team(s). Escalates risks as required to appropriate level of management. • Project Leadership: Provides leadership to the project team throughout the life cycle of the project. Shares knowledge with, coaches and mentors less experienced or knowledgeable Project Managers. • Project Closeout/Final Acceptance: Formalizes final acceptance for the project from the sponsor/customer by ensuring that the delivered product(s) and services comply with the agreed deliverables list, agreed scope, and any organizational procedures in order to close contractual obligations. • Develop Resources Plan: Provides input to ensure adequate project staffing, budgeting and resource management. • Drives corrective actions to mitigate project risks. • Translates business and organizational contexts of projects to organizations overall goals. • Coordinates or identifies capital expenditures incurred during the project lifecycle. Tracks status across the MST procurement process. • Participates in: Risk Assessment, Status Assessment, Process Direction, Team Creation, Communication Strategy, Determining Scope.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
Qualifications: * * * Education/Experience: * * * • Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3-4 years of experience in successful project management, with a progression in responsibility. • Demonstrated experience managing multiple moderate to highly complex simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints. • Extensive understanding of Project Management principles, methods and techniques.
- Communication Skills: *
• Excellent documentation, organization, time management, and problem solving skills. • Demonstrated ability to customize communication strategy to a given target audience. • Leverages informal communication channels and established company relationships to weaken or eliminate barriers to project success. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Exhibits skill in examining and re-engineering processes, formulating plans, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Strong problem solving skills; able to anticipate technical and project barriers and adjust approach based on research and experience.
Physical Demands: *
• This position involves regular walking, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking. • May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. • May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves ability to use computer, mouse, keyboard which may involve manual dexterity. • May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
Other Skills: *
• Ability to build consensus within MST and the business community and to work through others in achieving desired results and objectives. • Flexibility in response to change. • Strong negotiation, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills. • Sound team building and interpersonal skills required to effectively manage a multi-skilled project team. • Able to quickly acclimate to the requirements prescribed by the related to the project management discipline. • Ability to garner trust among project team and stakeholders. • Ability to concurrently manage multiple project types. • Microsoft Team Sites – Able to support administration of this tool.
• Intermediate-expert skills required for effective support of project activity. • Office 365 Suite of products. • Retail background a plus.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Company Profile: *
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Johns Creek
Req ID: MAC09939