Macy's Senior Project Manager in Johns Creek, Georgia
Job Overview: *
At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere omni-channel retailer. Macy’s Technology strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. MT is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing. Macy’s Technology is seeking a Sr. Project Manager. The selected Sr. PM will work independently and partner with application managers/directors, stakeholders and system level subject matter experts to drive the work of the project team for large or highly integrated projects and programs. The Sr. PM must demonstrate excellent management and leadership qualities within and across the FOB’s, as well as with corporate business partners. Will be the “Go To” person on project-related issues. Acts as a technical and professional leader, providing guidance, direction and training to the project team members as necessary. Improves PMO services and the overall quality of projects. May communicate with Sr. Management regarding the status of specific projects. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Project Execution: Manages all projects and possibly program related activities and has responsibility for execution and final delivery and release of the product. • Manage Project Scope: Oversee process to define scope of the project based on the business need in order to meet the customer's project expectations. Direct project plan approval process from the customer in order to formalize the project management approach. Develops and manages project schedules status, resources, deliverables, risks and issues, and timelines throughout the project with input from the application managers, business partners and project team. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance. • Manage Project Work: Ensures deadlines are met by facilitating resource planning, organizing, and prioritizing. Keeps management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment. Make sure regular project status/quality meetings are conducted and development of project metrics and project scorecard is accomplished. • Define Requirements: Oversee Product Manager(s) to define and manage business partner requirements. • Communication Facilitation: Facilitates communication and negotiation within and across the project team(s). Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members. • Mitigate Risks: Ensure risk and issue process is executed to achieve project success. Reviews project risks and action plans, and escalates to appropriate level of management. • Project Leadership: Provide vision and strategic leadership, adheres to Project Management processes, compliance and defined delivery methodology standards across Macy’s Technology.
• Project Closeout /Final Acceptance: Ensure final acceptance for the project from the sponsor/customer by ensuring that the delivered product(s) and services comply with the agreed deliverables list, agreed scope, and any organizational procedures in order to close contractual obligations. • Develop Resources Plan: Provides input to ensure adequate project staffing, budgeting and resource management. • Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
* Education/Experience: *
• Education/Experience: Bachelor Degree required and five plus years of experience in successful project management, with a progression in responsibility.
• Agile certification/training or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) desired.
• Should have advanced knowledge of Agile.
• Extensive experience managing multiple highly complex simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints. • Extensive understanding of Project Management principles, methods and techniques.
- Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Extensive negotiation, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills.
Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Exhibits skill in examining and re-engineering processes, formulating plans, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Strong problem solving skills; able to anticipate technical and project barriers and adjust approach based on research and experience. • Flexibility in response to change. • Ability to lead by example and challenge command and control behaviors.
Physical Demands: *
• This position involves regular walking, sitting, hearing, and talking. • May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. • May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves ability to use computer, mouse, keyboard which may involve manual dexterity. • May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
- Other Skills: *
• Outstanding documentation, organization, time management, and problem solving skills. • A detailed understanding of the business. • Retail background is a plus. • Sound team building and interpersonal skills required to effectively manage a multi-skilled project throughout the deliverable process. • Exceptional problem solving skills; able to anticipate technical and project barriers and adjust approach based on research and experience. • General knowledge of several major and related systems and how they are integrated. • Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Lotus Notes.
• Intermediate/Advanced in Microsoft Project. • Outstanding analytical skills with attention to detail.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Company Profile: *
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Johns Creek
Req ID: MAC09937